Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just a quick update

I am still pregnant.  40 weeks today.  At my 39 week appointment last week I was a fingertip dilated.  Which doesn't seem like a lot to most people, but it took me 30 hours of pitocin to get to a fingertip dilated with Tanner.  So I'm pretty happy with that.  My doctor said baby isn't engaged at all, and that he thinks I won't VBAC because of that.  But in reality, most second babies don't "drop" or engage until labor has started.  He's just trying to use scare tactics. And it's annoying.  

Over the weekend I was having Braxton Hick's contractions every 6-10 minutes.  All weekend long.  I've had them like that every day since, but not quite as often.  I'm hoping they have done a little something to my cervix.  I have another appointment tomorrow, and my doctor may be able to do a membrane sweep to try to get things started.  

I'm running out of time!  In one week I will be having a c-section.  I really, really don't want it.  And it just sucks a little bit, because I keep having these signs that labor may be coming soon.  I feel like I could be close.  I'm trying not to let my anxiety get the best of me.  It will all be okay in the end, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment