Monday, June 10, 2013

Tot-School (Green Week)

Tanner was 17 months old

Before we went on vacation we had green week in tot-school!  Tanner seemed to enjoy it, and still does, as I haven't switched to blue week yet.  

Here are the trays for this week:

 Sensory

He loves the little hot wheel cars!
He's rolling it back and forth to me.

And this is what usually happens :)

 Play-doh, of course



 A new puzzle



 Homemade picture puzzle

This was not a hit.  I believe he's still a little young for this one. 

Water bead transfer

This activity was by far his FAVORITE!  Every time he saw with the bowl that held these water beads he would yell, "BALLLLLLL!!!!" 

We even threw a few into the bathtub so he could play with them some more.  It was a good fine motor activity.  They're hard to catch in the tub.




We also did some coloring and a little color review.  Since it's been a few weeks I'm going to need to do a little more review before moving on.

For more great tot-school ideas, go on over to 1+1+1=1!  I'll be checking it out for sure.

Tot School

2 comments:

  1. Are those foam strips in your sensory bin? That's a great idea! We've only done red and blue, but I know as I get into different colors I'm going to run out of items to put in our color bin. I enjoy reading your posts as my daughter is just a few months behind your son! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog a few weeks ago and decided to do what you're doing with the colors. We are learning about red this week. The boys I'm teaching are 11 months old. Thanks for the inspiration!
    http://blessedbeginningshomeschool.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/tiny-tot-school-red-week
    http://blessedbeginningshomeschool.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/tiny-tot-school-red-week-continues

    ReplyDelete