Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crushed

I can't get this out of my mind.  


I am so incredibly blessed, humbled, and thankful to have Tanner in my life.  I can honestly say he is the best thing I've ever done, and I am such a better person because of him.  As I type this, I hear him squirming in his sleep next to me, and my heart wants to explode from all the love I have for this little guy.  And at the same time, I feel crushed.


I'm crushed because a baby was taken from this world too soon.  I'm crushed because a friend is going to have to bury her son.  I'm crushed from the thoughts that run through my head...how is she doing, is she going to be OK...


I can't even begin to imagine the pain she and her husband are feeling.  It's not fair.  They did absolutely nothing wrong.  She is such a beautiful person, inside and out.  This stuff doesn't happen to people I know.  But it does.


It did.


My heart aches for her every day.  


Please, secure your load on your car. Be careful when you drive. Pay attention.  There could be a car slowing down to avoid a cooler on the highway with a sleeping infant in the backseat. 

I feel so lucky to be a part of a fantastic group of women (all moms to babies Tanner's age).  There was a memorial fund immediately started for Milo's family.  The word was spread, and a lot of money was raised (still being raised).  There was also a beautiful memorial page started on facebook.  


I hope they know we are here for them.  We pray for them all day.  


I still can't believe this happened, though.  It's a true nightmare.  You may not know them, but if you can spare a thought, or a prayer, please do. 


We love you and your family very much, Milo.  

1 comment: