Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Long overdue post and 22 weeks?

I am a complete slacker! Not really, but I feel like one.  It's been a while since I've updated.  But I think I have pretty good excuses.  I worked all week long, then a friend of ours came into town and stayed with us for a few days.  Before he left, my parents visited! It was a fantastic week with them! When they had to leave, I had to go back to work.  But here I am finally updating.


Since having our anatomy scan and finding out Tanner is measuring 2 weeks ahead I was wondering how I would do these updates.  I would get my update emails saying he should be 10.5 oz when two weeks prior he weighed 13-15 oz.  I had finally figured out I would just give a general update on how I was feeling and how Tanner is growing and moving.


I had my monthly appointment today and not only did the ultrasound results look great, he truly is measuring way ahead so tanner is now due on November 30th, not December 10th.  It was so neat to think I was 20 weeks pregnant...half way...and then find out I get to skip two whole weeks!  I am 22 weeks pregnant exactly today.  So now my update day is Wednesday, not Saturday.


I am feeling pretty good most days, just some slight nausea here and there.  I can't stand the fact that I have to eat every few hours or else I feel sick...the scale hates the fact as well.  I was so overwhelmed at what the scale said today. Let's just say it's a lot more than I planned.


I am having a lot of swelling already.  By my 2nd and 3rd day working my ankles no longer exist.  I am also worried I am going to have to remove my rings before too long.  I'm going to up my water intake and try to stay off my feet when I can (which is going to be hard because I can feel my nesting instinct wanting to start up).  My doctor doesn't seem worried at all about it, so that helps a little.


Tanner is moving around all day and night!  I absolutely love the feeling!  I'm starting to feel kicks higher and higher on my belly.  I'm also able to feel him from the outside more often now.  If Nick puts his cheek to my belly he gets kicked too. :)


I love shopping for Tanner!  We've gotten so much already, which will be a separate post, I promise! I can imagine what the nursery is going to look like, and I am so excited!


Well, sitting here thinking about eating often to keep myself from getting sick, and watching Food Network is making me hungry.  So I will post a couple bump pictures from this week and last week since I was a slacker.


This first picture is from last week.  We spent the day outside in the 100+ degree weather looking at the different planes our base has.  I was so hot and so thirsty by the time we got home.  I plopped down on the couch and couldn't move.




This next picture is today at 22 weeks. 


Oh, and by the way, Tanner is the size of a spaghetti squash! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment