Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 5

I'm 5 weeks along today!  I've been reading some women's blogs who are a little further along in their pregnancy and they each fill out this survey on the day they hit the 'next week'.  Most of the info really wont apply until I'm quite a bit farther along, but it will still be fun to do.


I was really not wanting to take bump shots yet, since I've got more of a baby bloat than a baby bump, but when I woke up this morning, Nick ran into the room saying, "Belly picture time, belly picture time!"  I couldn't say no. So I guess I'll start a little earlier than I had planned.


But first, a little about baby...
(from the bump)


Baby's now the size of an appleseed!  Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!




And now for the survey and bump bloat picture...

How far along? 5 weeks today!

Due Date:  12/10/11

Total weight gain/loss:
 Nothing so far

Maternity clothes? Not yet

Sleep: I'm tired all day long, then have trouble falling asleep at night, and staying asleep.

Best moment this week: Listening to Nick talk baby names :)

Movement: Too early for that!

Food cravings: Hot wings, Pizza, and Toby Keith's Fried Chicken Salad YUM!

Food aversions: None yet, but the smell of raw chicken is getting to me

Symptoms: Exhaustion, twinges here and there, frequent urination (every 2 hours!)
  
Gender:
 Still have a little while to wait for that one

Labor Signs: Obviously not yet

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Not having to pee all the time

What I am looking forward to: My appointment on May 23!
  
Milestones: One month down!







3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo loving this!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you Lindsey! Another Christmas baby! I CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to do this! I have lots of reasons to always update this blog! I'm looking forward to being able to go back and look at it in the future!

    ReplyDelete